We do our very best to pack shipments carefully for transit, however sometimes damages will occur during the shipping process. For this reason we ask that you inspect tiles upon delivery. Damage claims must be filed within 72 hours of delivery. We do not hold our customers at fault. If your order arrives damaged, do not submit a return. Please follow the steps below to file a damage claim so we can process your replacement tile order!
- If your pallet or boxes arrived with obvious damages, please make a note on the BOL (Bill of Lading).
- Take clear photos of each damaged tile and the outer packaging
- Send photos to email@example.com noting your order number and how many pieces arrived broken. Also include any other relevant information about the handling & delivery (if there are any damages to exterior of the boxes, if a pallet arrived unwrapped, etc.)
- Important: Please submit your damage claim to us along with the pictures of damaged tiles within 72 hours after delivery, otherwise we cannot accept your claim. If your order shipped to a job site, you are responsible for making sure the shipment is inspected within this time frame.
- Please be sure to retain the damaged material until our claims process has been completed, as the shipping companies may require to audit the damaged shipments.
We ask for photos so that we can file a claim with our shipping provider to ensure the issue is handled. Once we have received your email with photos and the number of pieces damaged, please allow us 24 hours to process and ship your replacement tile. (Please note: email submissions received after 6 pm PST on Friday will be responded to the following Monday.)
If only one chip or small piece of your mosaic tile gets damaged, oftentimes you or your contractor can still use the tile. If you still feel that your damaged tiles cannot be used, please follow the instructions above.
If your tile did not arrive damaged and you would like to return your order, please visit our return policy for more information.
Visit our shipping info page for details on our shipping policy.
IN THE EVENT A SHIPMENT IS REFUSED:
Refusing a shipment will incur additional shipping charges that the customer will be responsible for paying. Refused shipments are subject to return shipping costs and 15% restocking fee.
Damages During Installation:
If the tile is damaged during installation or installed incorrectly by the customer or customer’s installer, My Building Shop is not responsible for returns, exchanges, or refunds of any kind.
If the tile arrived damaged during shipping, it is the customer’s responsibility to notify My Building Shop before installation and file a claim. If the damaged tiles were still used during installation, My Building Shop is not responsible for returns, exchanges, or refunds of any kind as a damage claim should have been filed prior to installation. Installation of material constitutes acceptance.